I love, love, love cherries! Cherries are a delicious summer light weight fruit snack. They taste amazing in yogurts, cakes, pies, fruit salads and in your favorite cocktail. They are members of the same fruit family as plums, peaches and apricots. Cherries have a very healthy side to them. Some of the most notable health benefits of cherries are:
1. Antioxidant Protection- Cherries contain powerful antioxidants like anthocyanins and cyanidin. These substances isolated from the tart cherries was superior to that of vitamin E.
2. Reduce Inflammation and Risk of Gout- Gout occurs when the metabolic processes that control the amount of uric acid in your blood fail to do their job. The stiffness and swelling are a result of excess uric-acid-forming crystals in your joints, and the pain associated with this condition is caused by your body’s inflammatory response to the crystals. Eating cherries or even consuming cherry extraxt can reduce this uric acid.
3. Support Healthy Sleep- Cherries contain natural melatonin, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps cool down inflammation and stress. It also plays a vital role in sleep and bodily regeneration. Consumption of a tart cherry juice concentrate provides an increase in exogenous melatonin that is beneficial in improving sleep duration and quality in healthy men and women.
4. Cancer- Preventive Compounds- Sweet cherries contain fiber, vitamin C, carotenoids, and anthocyanins, each of which may help play a role in cancer prevention.
5. Arthritis Pain Relief- Cherries contain many anti-inflammatory compounds, and research suggests they may help to relieve pain from inflammatory osteoarthritis.
This powerful fruit will also reduce belly fat, reduce post-exercise muscle pain and lower the risk of stroke.
If you arent eating cherries on a regular basis. This may be something you want to get into adding into your diet soon since they are reaming of amazing benefits. You can also throw a handful of cherries into a shake or a smoothie if you’d rather drink them in the morning. Enjoy!
Love & Light,